The Versailles Treaty
Saturday, March 9, 2019
401 Van Ness Avenue
Dr. J. Holmes Armstead Jr., J.D., Ph.D., L.L.D., D. Litt., D.H.L. (hc), Professor (ret) US Naval War College. He is retired professor of Strategy and International law from the US Naval War College. He has taught international law, strategy and national security policy for nearly 40 years. Professor Armstead has served on faculties at Stanford University, Pepperdine University, the University of California, the University of Nevada, Southern University the US Naval Postgraduate School, Lewis University, the Virginia Military Institute and Washington and Lee University. He has also lectured at the British Joint Services Staff College and taught as a visiting professor at the Universite d’Pau in France and as an exchange professor at Richmond College in the University of London. He has lectured at senior staff colleges in Poland, Austria, Germany, Slovenia, and Malawi, as well as at the US Army War College, at the United States Military Academy and the South African Military Academy.
Jim has served as a research associate at the prestigious RAND Corp, which sponsored his dissertation “Lightweight Power Projection,” and has been Chief of Staff to a Member of Congress. Working for the Department of Defense he participated in negotiations enlarging NATO with the accession of Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Albania, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. Jim has assisted in drafting constitutional reforms in Montenegro, South Africa, Poland, the Congo, and Lithuania and is currently Of Counsel to the American Bar Association Office of Human Rights. Dr. Armstead lectures on International law at the Austrian Academy of Higher Military Studies in Vienna.
A World War 1 Historical Association meeting presentation
Contact: Sal Compagno, 510-526-4423, email@example.com
DIRECTIONS & PARKING to the Veterans Building, 401 Van Ness Ave. @McAllister.
- BART the Civic Center station (between 8th and 9th streets at Oak Street) is four blocks to the Veterans Building. Visit bart.gov for schedules, transfer information, & fares.
- MUNI Lines 5, 47, 49 stop at or across the street from the Veteans Building. Additionally, four blocks away is the Muni light rail stations at Van Ness and Market. Visit sfmta.com/muni for routes, fares, & schedule information
- Civic Center Garage, 355 McAllister Street
- 505 Van Ness Garage, 649 Golden Gate Avenue
- Opera Plaza Garage, 739 Turk Street