Veterans’ Creative Art Exhibit At The Veterans Building
SF Veterans Creative Arts Exhibit
Open Daily, 1-6pm
A display of all entries submitted for the National Veterans Creative Arts Competition. This exhibit features works by Veterans receiving healthcare at the San Francisco VA Medical Center & Community-based Outpatient Clinics: Santa Rosa, Eureka, Ukiah, Clearlake, San Bruno, & San Francisco.
Categories include a variety of visual arts — from oil painting to paint-by-number kits to leatherwork & sculpture. Other categories include writing & the performing arts of dance, drama & music.
First place Veterans from each category are eligible to compete at the national level at the 2019 National Veterans Creative Arts Festival in Kalamazoo, MI October 28–November 3.
VA medical facilities incorporate creative arts into their therapy programs to further the rehabilitation goals for both inpatients & outpatients. This annual competition recognizes the progress & recovery made through that therapy, & raises the visibility of the creative achievements of our Nation’s Veterans.
National Creative Arts Festival www.blogs.va.gov/nvspse/national-veterans-creative-arts-festival.
The Exhibit is co-presented by the American Legion Department of California Auxiliary, AmVets Post 34, SF VA Medical Center & San Francisco Veterans Success Center.
- American Legion Department of California Auxiliary Harriet Clendenin, 415 861-5092, email@example.com
- AmVets Post 34 Helen Wong, 650 576-7875
- San Francisco VA Medical Center Richard Burton, RDT SFVA, Creative Arts Therapist, 415 221-4810 x 4597
- Veterans Success Center Of San Francisco 415 857-1838, firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Legion War Memorial Commission Paul Cox, 415 861-4920, alwmcsf.org, facebook.com/ALWMCSF/