WW1 Centennial News: Devil’s Rope
Highlights: 1.5 Million “Over There”
- 100 years ago: Ready to increase US forces to 4 million | @ 02:10
- German perspective on the turn around – Mike Shuster | @ 12:25
- Part 2: 28th division – the Pennsylvania Doughboys – Dr. Edward Lengel | @ 16:30
- Announcing resources for local Armistice Centennial Events – YourACE | @ 23:15
- Spotlight on the media: The Hello Girls – Jim Theres | @ 29:50
- Update from the States: Wyoming and Indian Doughboys – Douglas R. Cubbison | @ 37:00
- WWI WarTech – Devil’s Rope | @ 44:45
- Dispatch Newsletter Highlights | @ 47:50
- BUZZ – Commemoration in Social Media – Katherine Akey | @ 49:55
The player below allows you to share and download the show from here as well. See buttons on the top right. Contact us if you have any questions.
Interactive transcript with “Search & Play”.
With the WW1 Centennial News Interactive Transcript, 1. click on any word in the transcript and the audio will begin to play from that word. 2. Use Control+F, or Command+F on a Mac and put in any search term to highlight in the transcript for quick “Search & Play”. 3. Copy sections of the transcript for articles.
Note: The transcript publishes 24-48 hours after the episode. If the space below is blank – check tomorrow.
PODCAST NOTES: Guest links and our research
World War One Then
100 Years Ago
Great War Project
America Emerges: Military Stories from WW1
The U.S. 28th Division engages the Germans in heavy street fighting for the towns of Fismes and Fismette.
World War One Now
Updates from the States
Spotlight on the Media
WW1 War Tech
Articles and Posts
WW1 Centennial News Video Podcast on iTunes
Weekly Dispatch Newsletter