Addressing The Needs Of Veterans
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
8am – 4pm
401 Van Ness Avenue, Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
Free to attend
Space is limited RSVP
Info: (415) 252-4788 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Integrated Care: Coordinating mental health, specialty, and primary care services to address the complex needs of Veterans. The purpose of the Veterans Mental Health Summit is to bring together key stakeholders in the community, to share information and work collaboratively, to enhance access to mental health services, and to address the mental healthcare needs of veterans and families residing in the San Francisco area. There will be opportunities for group discussion, information sharing, and action planning.
- 8:30 – 9:30 Welcome and Host Introductions
- 9:30 – 10:15 Brief Community Agency Presentations (Register Here)
- 10:30 – 11:45 Breakout Sessions on Mental Health Integrated with Medical Care, Education, and Housing
- 11:45 – 12:45 Lunch (On Your Own)
- 12:45 – 2:00 Breakout Sessions on Mental Health Integrated with Justice Involvement, Substance Use Harm Reduction, and Complementary/Alternative Modalities
- 2:15 – 3:15 Panel on the Importance of, Scope, and Threats to Integrated Care in the VA and Community
- 3:15 – 4:00 Next Steps and Wrap Up
We invite organizations that provide services and advocacy for veterans and their families to present brief descriptions of their programs during the morning plenary session.
- To present, please register: surveymonkey.com
- Six (6) Continuing Education Credits are available for LMFT, LPCC, LEP, LCSW, and CAADE professionals licensed in California.
- Credits may also be available for VA professionals (more information to follow).
- Click here to RSVP
Hosted by the San Francisco VA Health Care System and Swords to Plowshares, with the San Francisco Department on Aging and Adult Services.
Swords to Plowshares (License No. 129138) certifies that this course meets the qualifications for six (6) hours of continuing education credits for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Lunch and breaks are not included as part of the continuing education credits. A program will be distributed at the beginning of the day with a detailed agenda. Certificates will be distributed at the end of the day.
Swords to Plowshares is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for the Veterans Mental Health Summit. Swords to Plowshares maintains responsibility for this program and its content. CATC License no. CP10 728 C 0919.
Swords to Plowshares will provide accommodations as requested and as mandated by the ADA as part of the registration process. Be sure to be specific as to individual needs. Please contact email@example.com with name of the event, your name, contact information, and needs by August 8th.
For parking and directions to the San Francisco War Memorial Building, visit directions-parking.
Sponsors SF VA Health Care, Swords to Plowshares, SF City and County Department of Aging & Adult Services, American Legion War Memorial Commission and American Legion Cesar Chavez Post 505