7th Veterans Mental Health Summit, Veterans Building
Build Community, Build Connections
Thursday, September 19
Room 210, Veterans Building
401 Van Ness Ave.
Free—Space is limited
The Veterans Mental Health Summit brings together key stakeholders in the community, to share information and work collaboratively, to enhance access to mental health services, and to address the mental healthcare needs of veterans and families residing in the San Francisco area.
The summit includes: Plenaries on the importance of key partnerships in service delivery;
Breakout sessions focusing on opioid addiction prevention and treatment, housing and homelessness, post-traumatic stress disorder and moral injury, underrepresented populations, and family services; and Opportunities for group discussion, information sharing, and action planning.
Hosted by the San Francisco VA Health Care System and Swords to Plowshares, with the San Francisco Department on Aging and Adult Services
- 9:00 – 9:45 Host Introductions and Presentations on VA and Community Care
- 9:45 – 11:00 Panel on “Brick-and-Mortar and More: Building Community for Permanent Supportive Housing”
- 11:15 – 12:30 Breakout Sessions on Housing and Homelessness, LGBTQ+ Veterans, PTSD and Moral Injury
- 12:30 – 1:30 Lunch (On Your Own)
- 1:30 – 2:45 Breakout Sessions on Younger Veterans, Women Veterans, Opiates and Methamphetamine Use
- 3:00 – 4:00 Presentations on “Breaking Down Stigma and Building Hope: Deconstructing Misperceptions of Veteran Mental Health and Promoting Post-Traumatic Growth”
- 4:00 Adjourn
Continuing Education Credits
- LMFT, LPCC, LEP, LCSW, and CAADE professionals licensed in California
- VA Professionals: credits are available for ACCME, ACCME-NP, ANCC, CA BRN, APA, ASWB, NYSED, and AOTA. See below for details.
- 5.5 credit hours are available: LMFT, LPCC, LEP, LCSW, and CAADE professionals licensed in California; and VA Professionals: credits are available for ACCME, ACCME-NP, ANCC, CA BRN, APA, ASWB, NYSED, and AOTA.
Swords to Plowshares (license #129138) certifies that this course meets the qualifications for 5.5 hours of continuing education credits for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, and CAADE Professionals through the California Association for Drug/Alcohol Educators. Lunch and breaks are not included as part of the continuing education credits. A program will be distributed at the beginning of the day with a detailed agenda. Certificates will be distributed at the end of the day.
Swords to Plowshares is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and the California Association for Drug/Alcohol Educators to sponsor continuing education for the Veterans Mental Health Summit. Swords to Plowshares maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- CATC License no. CP10 728 C 0919.
- CAADE Provider Id. CP10 728 C 0919.
VA Employees Only
CEUs are available for the following: ACCME, ACCME-NP, ANCC, CA BRN, APA, ASWB, NYSED, and AOTA.
Click here to register and select your accrediting organization:
After the conference, you must complete the evaluation form in TMS no later than 30 days following the session before your certificate will be generated.
VA Occupational Therapists Only
AOTA Survey Request: As part of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)’s Approved Provider Program, AOTA is requesting that participants of this course complete a short online survey about your continuing education experience with our organization as an AOTA Approved Provider. To access the survey, click on the link
- VA CEUs? Maisie Ketron, LCSW, firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-221-4810, x23139.
- email@example.com for other questions related to the Veterans Mental Health Summit.
Parking and Directions
For parking and directions to the San Francisco War Memorial Building, visit sfwmpac.org/directions-parking.
Swords to Plowshares provides accommodations as requested and as mandated by the ADA as part of the registration process. Be sure to be specific as to individual needs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the event, your name, contact information, and needs by September 12.
This event is sponsored by American Legion Bob Basker Post 315.
Forward this email to a friend
Copyright © 2019 Swords to Plowshares, All rights reserved.
We send emails to our subscribers and community partners.
Our mailing address is:
Swords to Plowshares
401 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 313
San Francisco, CA 94102